Covered by Medicare, Medicaid, and Most Private Insurances
Respiratory SymptomCare helps prevent and manage symptoms related to advanced Respiratory illness.
Common Symptoms Include:
Shortness of breath - especially during physical activities
Having to clear your throat
A chronic cough
Frequent respiratory infections
Lack of energy
Swelling in ankles
Unintended weight loss
These symptoms can often result in unwanted and unnecessary visits to the hospital or emergency room.
Respiratory SymptomCare can help eliminate/reduce these visits.
Respiratory SymptomCare Includes:
- Initial consult to review and assess any and all related symptoms
- Discover your desired results and goals
- An individualized plan of care specific to your symptoms and goals of care
- Ongoing communication with your doctors regarding symptoms and the plan of care
- Help you understand what to expect and what to do if something unexpected happens
- Additional support for other family members and loved ones
Respiratory SymptomCare May be Appropriate for People Who:
- Have been hospitalized more than once due to serious illness
- Have been told by their doctor that they have a serious illness
- Wish to remain home and avoid hospital/emergency room visits
- Have experienced any of the above symptoms
- Have caregivers/family that could benefit from an added layer of support
The Respiratory SymptomCare Team:
Respiratory SymptomCare is a specialty service provided by the Hospice and Palliative Care Team of Professionals. As determined by your plan of care, you get the benefit of our interdisciplinary team comprised of our Physicians, RN’s, LPN’s, HHA’s, Social Workers, Spiritual Care Counselors, Complementary Therapies Specialists and Volunteers. Services include medical consultation, spiritual, emotional, respite, family/caregiver or volunteer support
How is Respiratory SymptomCare Paid For?
Many of the costs are covered by Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance. You may also be eligible. We will help to determine any and all resources for you.
Call us anytime, night or day ‒ 607.432.5525
We're Here to Begin To:
Learn about your current health circumstances and concerns
Understand what is important to you
Explore what services you qualify for and discuss your options
Help you and your family Feel Better and Live Better
Serving Otsego, Delaware and Schoharie counties;
542 Main Street, Oneonta, New York 13820