Covered by Medicare, Medicaid, and Most Private Insurances
Dementia SymptomCare helps prevent and manage symptoms related to dementia.
Common Symptoms Include:
These symptoms can result in unwanted and unnecessary visits to the hospital or emergency room.
Dementia SymptomCare can help eliminate/reduce these visits.
Dementia SymptomCare Includes:
- Initial consult to review and assess any and all related symptoms
- Discover your desired results and goals
- An individualized plan of care specific to your symptoms and goals of care
- Ongoing communication with your doctor(s) regarding symptoms and the plan of care
- Help you understand what to expect and what to do if something unexpected happens.
Dementia SymptomCare May be Appropriate for People Who:
- Lose awareness of recent experiences as well as of their surroundings
- Require high levels of assistance with daily activities and personal care
- Experience changes in physical abilities, including the ability to walk, sit and, eventually, swallow
- Have increasing difficulty communicating
- Become vulnerable to infections, especially pneumonia
- Have caregivers/family that could benefit from an added layer of support
The Dementia SymptomCare Team:
Dementia SymptomCare is a specialty service provided by the Hospice and Palliative Care Team of Professionals. As determined by your plan of care, you get the benefit of our interdisciplinary team comprised of our Physicians, RN’s, LPN’s, HHA’s, Social Workers, Spiritual Care Counselors, Complementary Therapies Specialists and Volunteers. Services include medical consultation, spiritual, emotional, respite, family/caregiver or volunteer support.
How is Dementia SymptomCare Paid For?
Many of the costs are covered by Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance. You also may be eligible for financial assistance. We will help to determine any and all resources for you.
Call us anytime, night or day ‒ 607.432.5525
We're Here to Begin To:
Learn about your current health circumstances and concerns
Understand what is important to you
Explore what services you qualify for and discuss your options
Help you and your family Feel Better and Live Better
Serving Otsego, Delaware and Schoharie counties;
542 Main Street, Oneonta, New York 13820