Covered by Medicare, Medicaid, and Most Private Insurances
Reasons to Choose Hospice:
They want pain and symptoms managed and under control.
They want to “Feel Better.”
They want to avoid having to go to the hospital or emergency room.
They want to be in their “own home.”
They want their anxiety, stresses and fears to go away.
They want "peace of mind."
They want to continue to enjoy life with their loved ones and fulfill their bucket list items.
They want to “Live Better.”
They want support and guidance for family and loved ones.
They want "the extra layer of support."
There are several focus areas of Hospice Care:
- Pain and Symptom Management: Our Hospice Physicians and Nurses will help you physically “Feel Better” by managing pain or symptoms so you can “Live Better” and enjoy the things that matter most to you.
- Emotional and Mental Support: We’re here to support and guide you to help ease the worries and anxiety that you may be experiencing.
- Caregiver and Family Support: Caregivers and family needs are very important to us. We can be there to provide guidance and support so they feel confident and enjoy their time together as a family.
- Personal Care: There are some aspects of personal care that are uncomfortable for caregivers and family. We help by providing the hands on care that makes everyone feel better.
- Spiritual Guidance: Hospice is not a religious organization. However, hospice chaplains are available to help patients and families process beliefs and values, and if desired, they can help connect patients with spiritual leaders of their choosing.
- Volunteer Services: Our valued group of trained Hospice Volunteers provide an array of services that include companionship, errands, respite for family members, light chores and the like.
- Camp Forget-Me-Not and Grief Support: The loss of a loved one is often a very difficult time for loved ones. We have a variety of supportive resources for children and adults to help with their loss.
- Medications, Equipment and Supplies: All medications, equipment and supplies are covered by Medicare, Medicaid and most private insurances.
- Complementary Therapies: A variety of therapies are an effective solution to help with pain and symptom management. Included are massage therapy, music therapy, reiki, acupuncture and aroma therapy.
Hospice may be appropriate for people who:
- Have been hospitalized more than once due to serious illness.
- Have been told by their doctor that they have a serious illness.
- Wish to remain home and avoid hospital/emergency room visits.
- Have caregivers/family that could benefit from an added layer of support.
The Hospice Care Team:
The Hospice Interdisciplinary Team of professionals is comprised of our Physicians, RN’s, LPN’s, HHA’s, Social Workers, Spiritual Care Counselors, Complementary Therapies Specialists and Volunteers.
How is Hospice Care Paid for?
Many of the costs are covered by Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance. You also may be eligible for financial assistance. We will help to determine any and all resources for you.
Call us Anytime, We're Here 24/7 To:
Learn about your current circumstances and concerns
Understand what is important to you
Explore what services you qualify for and discuss your options
Help you and your family Feel Better and Live Better.
Serving Otsego, Delaware and Schoharie counties;
542 Main Street, Oneonta, New York 13820